Menu
Notifications
Clear all

Looking forward to it. First thing, could we make the default font at least 12?

Page 1 / 2

DebbieJo
(@debbiejo)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Nahi
 Nahi
(@legacycowgirl)

That would be great for my eyes.

ReplyQuote
diogenese19348_q82t264s
(@diogenese19348_q82t264s)
Member Admin

I'll do that, keep in mind though that any time I switch the themes it is going to revert for whatever the default for that theme is, and I'll have to change it again. No big deal, I just have to remember, and some of them put where to do that in weird places. Let me see where it is on this one.

A child of 5 could understand this. Someone go fetch a child of 5

ReplyQuote
diogenese19348_q82t264s
Member Admin

This theme for example is a pain in the butt with it. There's a couple of other things I don't like about it either, there doesn't seem to be a place to create groups. I'm going to switch it back to the last one. I will keep in mind that whatever we end up with, I need to make the default font size at least 12.

ReplyQuote
DebbieJo
(@debbiejo)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

The reason for my post was your post are very hard to read. Your text is very small. I think the default for the site might be fine. I can see this theme ok.

ReplyQuote
diogenese19348_q82t264s
Member Admin

I wasn't particularly happy with that theme I had on there. We're really going to need to decide on one before it makes any sense to start tweaking it though. That probably ought to be the first order of business. Once we have picked one I can start fiddling with the settings. Somebody can anyway, how are you with css? 😛

ReplyQuote
Suzi
 Suzi
(@suziqute)

Brian, you suggested I go to a site to check out the themes...unfortunately, I can't remember what site it was, and I can't find the message where you suggested it...please post it again. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
diogenese19348_q82t264s
Member Admin

I was just suggesting googling for buddypress themes, but here is a website with a list of the free ones they think are good:

https://accesspressthemes.com/blog/10-best-free-buddypress-wordpress-themes/#10_Best_Free_BuddyPress_WordPress_Themes

Free we can put on, try, hold our nose and remove without a problem Paid, well you want to be more certain first. 😉

ReplyQuote
Suzi
 Suzi
(@suziqute)

Thanks, Brian!

ReplyQuote
DebbieJo
(@debbiejo)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I'm pretty good with css. I looked at the themes, the first two were pretty good. I also like the one we have on here now. Blues are always a good color and so is black. I also liked the text on those to themes.

ReplyQuote
DebbieJo
(@debbiejo)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

It seems Ruby and SocialMag both support blogging. I like for the members to be able to design their own pages also and both of these themes seem to offer that. I think I also have some other themes from back when I got WordPress. Just throwing this out there while I am reading about the different themes.

ReplyQuote
diogenese19348_q82t264s
Member Admin

Blogging in Buddypress is going to require a plugin. Some of those themes may have it, I'll have to check, but essentially blogs are posts, and you have to have some way to tie them to a member's feed or they'll all end up in the activity stream.

I want to get blogs on here, I was looking to get other things up and running first.

ReplyQuote
DebbieJo
(@debbiejo)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

I agree. I need to stop thinking out loud, LOL

ReplyQuote
Viccles
(@viccles2004)

Of those on the link, I like the looks of the envo themes on SocialMag.

ReplyQuote
diogenese19348_q82t264s
Member Admin

I just tried out the socalmag theme. For some reason it didn't work at all, I'll have to see if there is any documentation on it. It didn't display any page correctly.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: