Menu
Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Bling and Awards

diogenese19348_q82t264s
(@diogenese19348_q82t264s)
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Over at Daggerbay we have bling, which were items you can buy or receive from winning contests, and give to entries or posts you liked, awards which you get from winning contests, and achievements which you get from winning tasks. There is also a leaderboard which lists member rankings based on competition and social interaction. This thread is about implementing a similar system here.

A child of 5 could understand this. Someone go fetch a child of 5

diogenese19348_q82t264s
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Varik, the first thing I would like you to do (and anybody else can do this if it sounds interesting), is go to this link and evaluate the different possibilities for doing what we want. I have the free parts of gamipress installed already, haven't done a thing with configuring them, and can replace them with one of the others if they sound better.

Link to a site that evaluates the top 10 is here:

https://wbcomdesigns.com/gamification-plugins-for-wordpress/

None of these will likely be entirely free, you usually have to pay for at least the payment gateway. To get the payment gateway and the leaderboard on gamipress runs $100

Anyway, take a look at them, and give me your top three unless one clearly stands out as better.

ReplyQuote
Varik
(@varik)
Member Admin

I'd see what you can do with Gamipress first, as it looks to have several of the features we want, though I can't see any mention of selling things like bling for real money, which, I guess, will be important for financing the site.

Two plugins which actually mention money to purchase from the site are:
4. MoolaMojo, which allows for the purchase of virtual currency with real money. I’m assuming the virtual currency can include self-generated bling as it says you can sell any kind of products/services.
and
2. myCRED, which has lots of features supporting logs of points awarded (does that include bling? It does mention badges), leader boards, and monetizing the content of the website.

There is also
7. WPAchievements Free : Gamification Plugins For WordPress which seems to be a very powerful plugin for creating achievements, ranks etc. I am not sure how many of its features would actually be of use to us, but it does appear to be free.

I hope that is of some use to you.

ReplyQuote
diogenese19348_q82t264s
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Gamipress is here:

https://gamipress.com/

It does have a payment gateway for $50 here

https://gamipress.com/add-ons/gamipress-purchases/

I also came accros something Called Easy Digital Downloads, which allows you to set up selling of digital products, (like comics *cough*)

https://easydigitaldownloads.com/?ref=4740

I'll check out those other two, thanks. I'm elevating your account to admin so you can see the backend. There is access to a lot more documentation for Gamipress there.

ReplyQuote
diogenese19348_q82t264s
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Varik, I looked over all those and I think GamiPress is going to do more of what we want done. The others weren't free either when you added all the parts in you needed. And actually I really don't want to go with free everything except the base programs because free plugins tend to get abandoned and you end up having to maintain them when the other parts get updated. Paid ones have a reason to keep them current, and are not terribly expensive to run.

It's also possible to get customization, though you pay through the nose for that 😉

ReplyQuote
diogenese19348_q82t264s
Member Admin
Topic starter  

Youzer lists compatibility with myCred but not GamiPress, I'm going to have to look into that further. I really like Youzer, I think it adds a lot to the site.

ReplyQuote
Varik
(@varik)
Member Admin

That's fine. My impression was that Gamipress would do what was needed.

ReplyQuote
Share: