Notifications
Clear all

It's always somethhing

Page 1 / 2

Flagon's Workshop
(@smedly)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Sorry for my absence.  I fell down carrying a box two weeks ago and hurt my leg - nothing broken but just getting back to walking.  Also can't find the password to my main account, and it is on my workstation computer that I can't get to at the moment (this is Diogenese) .

It appears that daggerbay.com has bit the dust at this point, I'm sorry to see it go, but figured that would happen once the server bill stopped getting paid.

And that's about it.  Still in the middle of a move that has been interrupted, still at my sister's house until I can fully walk, and still lots to do when I get to my own house 😉

So how is everybody else doing?

MsgtBob
(@msgtbob)
Trusted Member

Ouch.  Sorry about your accident (and you haven't even finished moving yet - rates one big ARGH). 

ReplyQuote
Varik
(@varik)
Member Admin

Sorry to hear about your accident - get well soon! The demise of Dagger Bay didn't come as any great surprise - it was great while it lasted. Not much happening here at the moment - not sure what we can do to liven things up!

ReplyQuote
Flagon's Workshop
(@smedly)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I'm on a walker at this point, can get up therapy stairs, will try the staircase in my house again tomorrow, and in relatively good news lost the 30 pounds I gained during the pandemic.  Still don't have access to anything but my work computer but hopefully that will change next week.

I'm still not really happy with the format of this place, it still seems clunky to me.  I do think we need to go the social network route rather than a bulletin board (which was what Dagger Bay was).  If you have some time, take a look around and see what might work well and I'll take a look at costs.

I want to get a newer server to move things to, the one we are on has an antiquated O/S.  I'll move everything then drop it.

And that's about it for tonight.

ReplyQuote
MsgtBob
(@msgtbob)
Trusted Member

Ouch -  Imagine if it had been broken.   "Clunky" sounds like a pretty good description (unfortunately).

ReplyQuote
Varik
(@varik)
Member Admin

Social network seems to be the way to go - would it include the possibility of uploading images for discussion and comment?

ReplyQuote
Flagon's Workshop
(@smedly)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Went up and down the stairs twice at the new house.  I'm hoping to be able to move in there this weekend.  Put a office chair together, and got the computer desk half done.  It will line one wall with room for two computers/four monitors.

Still hobbling around, I can use a cane indoors at this point, a walker is still easier, and it might be another week before I can shop for myself, luckily my sister lives nearby and will help me out with that.

ReplyQuote
MsgtBob
(@msgtbob)
Trusted Member

Two computers and four monitors?  Sounds like this will be the "family" room?     I have a cane, but only use it because it is also a sword.    Does your sister also do the cooking (is she a good cook)?     Good luck finishing the move.  Smile

ReplyQuote
Varik
(@varik)
Member Admin

All the best for your full recovery! All those computers and monitors should keep you busy!

ReplyQuote
Flagon's Workshop
(@smedly)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Once i get it all set up anyway. I can start doing comics again.

ReplyQuote
Flagon's Workshop
(@smedly)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Got the car registered in North Carolina today and took two laps around a Walgreens pushing a shopping cart

ReplyQuote
Flagon's Workshop
(@smedly)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Got Wowonder working.  Haven't moved anything off default yet,  why don't you create an account and take a look.  Use Chrome as your browser, Firefox seems to have hangups, at least from my laptop.

www.flagonsworkshop.net

ReplyQuote
Varik
(@varik)
Member Admin

I created an account on Chrome. Firefox says it is not secure.

ReplyQuote
Flagon's Workshop
(@smedly)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Yes, Firefox also doesn't let me log in - it just keeps spinning.  I'll figure that one out later.  First impression though is that site is a lot more suitable to where we want to be than this one.  It's going to take a lot of setting up to customize it, but everything seems to be there and it works the way you would expect a social site to.

ReplyQuote
Varik
(@varik)
Member Admin

If I can get the hang of the basics, then anyone can! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: