last updated by MsgtBob 1 week, 1 day ago
6 voices
62 replies
  • Author
    Underdog
    Participant

If your house gets hit by a dolphin during a hurricane, don’t check on it to see if it’s ok. That’s how hurricanes trick you into going outside.

Dio
    Keymaster

If your house gets hit by a dolphin in a hurricane it is probably a pretty good sign you would have been better off not being there at all B-)

MsgtBob
    Participant

Do dolphins taste like chicken? :wacko: :hitwithbat:

MsgtBob
    Participant

Happy Easter – nuff said. :yes:

Varik
    Participant

Happy Easter to everyone! :yes:

Dio
    Keymaster

At one time in my “illustrious” career I worked for an 8(A) company.  This is a category of small business at least 51% owned by minorities, in it’s first year of business, and some government contracts are set aside for them.  Which isn’t the point of the post, I’m just setting the background.  This particular company was owned by two woman originally from Pakistan, and at the time I was a computer operator at NIST, the National Institute of Standards and Technology in their scientific computer center.

In any case these ladies were moving their offices on a Sunday, and were asking for volunteers from their employees to help them that day.  Someone pointed out it was Easter Sunday and the women got a puzzled look on their face.  One of them finally brightened up and said “Oh, the bunny holiday!”.

Well to be fair, I don’t know much about Hajj either.

Underdog
    Participant

Went to the park for a multiple church Easter egg hunt. One of the pastors gave an illustrated lesson by holding up an egg and asking the children what was inside the egg. “Chocolate” was one kids immediate response.

MsgtBob
    Participant

The kid was really surprised(?) when the pastor cracked the egg on his head, and a real egg ran down his face. :hitwithbat:

Underdog
    Participant

Actually he had emptied the egg to represent the empty tomb.

MsgtBob
    Participant

Or he had actually emptied the egg because he ate all the chocolate himself (groan)?  :arrrgh:

Underdog
    Participant

You’re so weird

Dio
    Keymaster

Wait a minute, the pastor emptied the egg, then asked the children what was inside it.  Um, what was supposed to be the correct answer?  Air?

I will breathlessly await the explanation of what a blown egg has to do with the resurrection of Jesus.  :confused:

MsgtBob
    Participant

I’m guessing when he held up the egg for the kids to see, there was a hole in it so they could see there was nothing inside? :unsure:

Underdog
    Participant

Ok, you’re both so weird.

The kids assumed there was egg white and a yolk was in the egg just like the people thought that Jesus was in the tomb, but the tomb was empty.

*jazz hands* Magic *jazz hands*

Dio
    Keymaster

Ooo!  Hand waving!  That’s the best part!  So did the baby chick escape from the tomb? (memo to self:  Hook up the reset of the Dagger Bay Smilies)

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login/create account here