Renderunto Forums Forums Setting Up The Place Looking forward to it. First thing, could we make the default font at least 12?

6 voices
25 replies
  • Author
    DebbieJo
    Participant
    Nahi
    Participant

That would be great for my eyes.

Dio
    Keymaster

I’ll do that, keep in mind though that any time I switch the themes it is going to revert for whatever the default for that theme is, and I’ll have to change it again. No big deal, I just have to remember, and some of them put where to do that in weird places. Let me see where it is on this one.

Dio
    Keymaster

This theme for example is a pain in the butt with it. There’s a couple of other things I don’t like about it either, there doesn’t seem to be a place to create groups. I’m going to switch it back to the last one. I will keep in mind that whatever we end up with, I need to make the default font size at least 12.

DebbieJo
    Participant

The reason for my post was your post are very hard to read. Your text is very small. I think the default for the site might be fine. I can see this theme ok.

Dio
    Keymaster

I wasn’t particularly happy with that theme I had on there. We’re really going to need to decide on one before it makes any sense to start tweaking it though. That probably ought to be the first order of business. Once we have picked one I can start fiddling with the settings. Somebody can anyway, how are you with css? :P

Suzi
    Participant

Brian, you suggested I go to a site to check out the themes…unfortunately, I can’t remember what site it was, and I can’t find the message where you suggested it…please post it again. Thanks!

Dio
    Keymaster

I was just suggesting googling for buddypress themes, but here is a website with a list of the free ones they think are good:

https://accesspressthemes.com/blog/10-best-free-buddypress-wordpress-themes/#10_Best_Free_BuddyPress_WordPress_Themes

Free we can put on, try, hold our nose and remove without a problem Paid, well you want to be more certain first. ;)

Suzi
    Participant

Thanks, Brian!

DebbieJo
    Participant

I’m pretty good with css. I looked at the themes, the first two were pretty good. I also like the one we have on here now. Blues are always a good color and so is black. I also liked the text on those to themes.

DebbieJo
    Participant

It seems Ruby and SocialMag both support blogging. I like for the members to be able to design their own pages also and both of these themes seem to offer that. I think I also have some other themes from back when I got WordPress. Just throwing this out there while I am reading about the different themes.

Dio
    Keymaster

Blogging in Buddypress is going to require a plugin. Some of those themes may have it, I’ll have to check, but essentially blogs are posts, and you have to have some way to tie them to a member’s feed or they’ll all end up in the activity stream.

I want to get blogs on here, I was looking to get other things up and running first.

DebbieJo
    Participant

I agree. I need to stop thinking out loud, LOL

Viccles
    Participant

Of those on the link, I like the looks of the envo themes on SocialMag.

Dio
    Keymaster

I just tried out the socalmag theme. For some reason it didn’t work at all, I’ll have to see if there is any documentation on it. It didn’t display any page correctly.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login/create account here