Renderunto Forums Forums Setting Up The Place Looking forward to it. First thing, could we make the default font at least 12?

6 voices
25 replies
  • Author
    MsgtBob
    Participant

Try to get Shorra to design a theme picture? :)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by MsgtBob.
    Dio
    Keymaster

I’ll work on getting somebody to volunteer for it as soon as we settle on a theme. Actually I’d like some help designing the whole front page.

Dio
    Keymaster

What does everybody think about the changes today? I’d like to get some feedback before committing to buying the plugin that does it.

Viccles
    Participant

I’m still trying out those changes. The two things I noticed were, how do I get a video to post instead of just the link? Or do I have to download the video in order to upload from my computer? Second, is there any way on our walls to have a comment box for people to post something without having to comment under a pre-existing thread? Such as if I wanted to say Happy birthday to someone on their wall, would I have to just go thru a private message or look for a previous thread and just post it there? I know some of this stuff you can probably tweak later on, but I think it’s all going in a positive direction so far.

Dio
    Keymaster

I haven’t looked into videos yet. I personally would vastly prefer they not be uploaded directly, they can be taxing to the site and I really don’t want to deal with copyright issues. We also need to set up for take down notices, that’s something that needs to be discussed on the builders forum.

I think Youser supports a comment box, I haven’t done any fiddling with it. We are using the free version to try it out, I don’t want to spend much time configuring unless and until we go to the paid one, but I will take a look at that particular issue and enable it if it is just a setting.

Dio
    Keymaster

I don’t see where Youser has a setting to post directly on a wall, at least in the free version. I’ll check on paid. Buddyboss has a paid plugin that allows that for $29.

On the video question, since I just looked at your page, I want the capability to embed the video from the major sites (vineo, Youtube, etc), rather than just a link. What I don’t want is the direct uploading of videos.

Dio
    Keymaster

I’ve got the font size kicked up to 12. Let me know if it needs to be bigger. The color I set to black, something seems to be overriding it. I’ll have to look further.

DebbieJo
    Participant

Thank you for upping the font. I agree, darker would finish the font job.

Dio
    Keymaster

I’ll keep looking on that. On Videos, The site now loads the video in the box when you give it the link. Don’s set it at video, it will do that automatically. If you set it on video it expects you to upload a file. I have that turned off, as well as uploading music. Until we have take down notices in place we need to hold off on that. I don’t look good in orange.

MsgtBob
    Participant

I keep coming here to see if anything is being done. The least you could do is update the comic on the home page? :-)

MsgtBob
    Participant

Still waiting to see some changes… :)

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login/create account here