last updated by Dio 4 weeks, 1 day ago
7 voices
47 replies
  • Author
    MsgtBob
    Participant

Can you make it at least 50×50 then? That’s how small I had to make mine to work on DeviantArt.

Dio
    Keymaster

It looks like the default size is 150s150 Bob, I have to make sure I can make it work first though, and I have a number of things I have to take care of first before I can look at it.

MsgtBob
    Participant

When I loaded mine (50×50), I had to crop it down more before it would fit (just sayin’).. Not to worry though, you have tons of important stuff to do before getting around to junk like that. Have fun?

Dio
    Keymaster

I saw that, I downloaded your avatar from Daggerbay and used it to see what was going on. But the avatars on the site are 150×150. And I know because I just downloaded one of those.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Dio.
    Dio
    Keymaster

Just implemented a bunch of new stuff. Still have to figure out how some of it works. You can now post to other people’s walls and that includes pictures. You can now also blog. That I have to try out, in theory it’s there. And I added member types so if/when our membership starts growing that membership listing can be filtered by member type.

Viccles
    Participant

Donations/Doubloons are you in need of those yet? I know earlier you mentioned plug-ins and things needed, let us know if we need to start pitching in with some of the costs.

Dio
    Keymaster

Thus far I’m good. I’m not working under the same monetary constraints Kim is. Aside from the $50 a month server fees I have around $200 in the site at the moment. I’d have to go through the receipts to get an exact figure but that’s ball park. There will be around $100 a year in renewal fees on the add-ins thus far. So we need to come up with around $600 a year to make the site pay for itself as it stands.

Paid Plugins I’m using
    From Buddy Boss

BuddyBoss Wall

Get the power of Facebook on BuddyPress! Your users can post Wall updates, interact with their friends, and “Like” their favorite content.
    View Plugin Info from $29
    BuddyBoss Media

Your BuddyPress members can upload photos, organize them into albums, and tag their friends! On a mobile device you can easily swipe through photos with your fingers.
    View Plugin Info from $39
    BuddyPress Member Types

Makes it easy to create and manage member types without having to write a single line of code.
    View Plugin Info from $39

BuddyPress User Blog

Provide your members with their own blog and a great writing experience. Posts display in user profiles and in the central blog.
    View Plugin Info from $49

(I got 30% off of these prices – renewal for 1 year runs half the full amount)

From Envato Market

Youzer ($49 – half price $25, no yearly fee)
    Olympus Theme $60 (didn’t buy on sale)
    Yellow Pencil (Makes editing the CSS WAY easier) $26 – half off $13

And these Youzer add ins that I haven’t installed yet

Buddypress Edit Activity
    39.00$
    Allow members to edit activity posts, comments with real time modifications. Set editable activities by type & moderators & limit edition by user role.

Buddypress Activity Reactions
    28.00$
    Increase audience engagement by allowing users to express many more feelings quickly and easily on each wall post and improve your content.

Buddypress MyCRED Integration
    18.00$
    Reward Users with points for each wall post type and all the profile widgets fields, social networks and increase your website users engagement.

I got 50% off those prices

Anyway, that’s the list to date. Everything else was free.

MsgtBob
    Participant

I have no idea what that stuff is/means, but you’ll have to wait until I get my income tax return; just bought more doubloons over on Dagger bay (sorry). :-(

Dio
    Keymaster

Most of this stuff is for the Social side of things Bob, one of the things I’m trying to do is pull in people for more than the contests. Dagger Bay was based on bulletin board software, which means everything was forum based with Devilmoon doing extensive modifications to allow contests. This site is based on a social site plugin to WordPress with a bulletin board plugin, bbpress, which allows us to do forums, but also gives more of a home page where activity can take place.

Hopefully it will give us more flexibility, and allow us to draw in groups of members who’s primary interest is not participating in contests, but might vote and comment on them.

Anyway, bottom line is I’m not looking for donations yet, I’d like to have a usable site before I start doing that, but I was asked what it had cost thus far, and that’s the answer ;)

Definitely keep supporting Dagger Bay as a first priority, if we ever fall short of funds there that will take the site down since everything is running on automatic.

Viccles
    Participant

K, thanks for the updates and letting us know the costs so far. So roughly $50 bucks a month which doesn’t sound too bad. I know the holidays can be a tight time for many, so holler if we need to pitch in to help out.

Gwenhwyfar
    Participant

I think I too have a few dollars between the cushions of my couch so please let us know.

Dio
    Keymaster

Just seeing how the media upload works

Dio
    Keymaster

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Dio.
    Dio
    Keymaster

MsgtBob
    Participant

I guess it works, since I received an email for each of those three posts.  :)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login/create account here