last updated by Dio 4 weeks, 1 day ago
7 voices
47 replies
  • Author
    Flagon’s Workshop
    Participant

Try uploading a picture or a gif yourself.  The restriction on gifs, is that for them to work, you need to display them full size.  I am going to start adding the same forums we have over on Daggerbay, though I can’t transfer existing content.

Hmmm, I am not able to upload a photo with this account.  Got some permissions settings to change.

MsgtBob
    Participant

Here’s a picture:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    MsgtBob
    Participant

Here’s a gif:

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Flagon’s Workshop
    Participant

It will allow me to add a picture that is already in my media library.  I have it set now so that unless you are admin you can only SEE what is in your own media library.  I still don’t think you can upload and post at the same time.  Let’s see…

Nope.  Let me see what uploading it elsewhere first does.  Having that Tinymce editor helps alot though.  I might have something that can enhance what we can do with that.

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Dio.
    Flagon’s Workshop
    Participant

Yes, if I add it to the media library in my profile first I can add it here.  A bit clunky but as I recall that’s the way we started out at Dagger Bay Also

Dio
    Keymaster

Let me see what works here…

Like fronts

Justification

a table
    Flagon’s Workshop
    Participant

<span style=”font-family: verdana, geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 36pt;”>Now let’s try it as a normal <span style=”color: #ff0000;”>user</span>…</span>

Flagon’s Workshop
    Participant

Sigh… permission problems again.

MsgtBob
    Participant

The image in the “media” section does NOT show the whole image (the top is cut off).  Also, I have no idea how to copy it from the “media” section to here.

Flagon’s Workshop
    Participant

Working on it.  There are still permissions issues.  Let’s see if I have some of them fixed

<span style=”font-family: arial black, sans-serif; font-size: 24pt;”>This should be a different size and font…</span>

Flagon’s Workshop
    Participant

Nope.  Still working on it.

Flagon’s Workshop
    Participant

Got it.  Now lets see if I can directly add a picture.

Not yet.  Let’s see if the html change worked.

Flagon’s Workshop
    Participant

One down, one to go…

Flagon’s Workshop
    Participant

Got it

Flagon’s Workshop
    Participant

Bob, you should now be able to use that orange add media button above the edit screen to add pictures inline.  Let me know if you still can’t.  You can adjust the size displayed to pretty much anything you want after uploading by clicking on the picture and the pencil icon.  For animated GIFS, that has to be set to full size, any other size you get a static jpg.

All the items in the editor should work also.  I’m going to set the forum structure to match most of what we have at dagger bay next, then see about getting some smileys like we have over a dagger bay that can be put in the posts.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login/create account here